Tuesday, October 29, 2013

{3} Projects with Patter

Hello! It's Patter Cross with you today sharing my October projects. Today I have two layouts and a card. So, let's get started with a layout.

Pretty as a Picture
This is an 8 1/2 x 11 layout of one of my daughters and her new haircut. All of my girls have naturally curly hair, and trying to find a hairstyle can be difficult. We think this one is a keeper. :)
Pin It
I used the scissors from the Miss Tailor Set since the layout was about my daughter's haircut. I added various silver paints and a silver brad so that the scissors would look more realistic. I also used leaves from the Natural Sprigs set. I added watercolors, mists, and embossing powders to vary the colors and textures on the leaves.
For the title, I used the Pretty as a Picture chipboard piece. I started with a layer of gesso then added various pink paints and mists to get the colors you see below.
Miss Tailor Set
Natural Sprigs Set
Pretty as a Picture

A Fall Card
The new Fall Foliage chipboard by Blue Fern Studios was perfect for this Fall card. I have plenty of inspiration around as I watch the leaves changing in our yard. I am sure a lot of you do also!
Pin It
I misted the leaves with water to peel up the edges and make them look realistic. I then covered them with various mists, embossing powders, and gelatos to make the color of each leaf different.
Fall Foliage

Say Cheese
For this 8 1/2 x 11 layout, I used photos of the little girl my daughter takes care of. She is such a cutie. Each layout I create, I give to her mom to put in an album I have given to the family. She does not scrap so I hope she enjoys this latest page for the album!
Pin It
To color the Broken Rings chipboard, I added a layer of gesso then various paints and mists to get a variation of color on the rings.
On the title "Say Cheese" piece from the Picture Perfect set, again I added gesso, paints, and mists to get the different colors of orange you see. I liked the dotted effect too. Sometimes when my mister causes these dots, I will smooth them out with a paintbrush but I left the dots this time.
Broken Rings
Picture Perfect

I hope you have enjoyed my creations today and that you are inspired to grab some Blue Fern Studios chipboard and begin creating! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. love the brilliant colors you've used for these 3 different projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Patter all three of these are amazing. I like the multi-layered paints and the tip of curling the edges. Great creativity.

    ReplyDelete