Thursday, October 3, 2013

Autumn is in the Air...Winter is coming...

Hello Autumn... Lisa here, bringing you 2 projects today. I will start out with a card (I'm learning how to create them!!) that reflects the colors of the season. Autumn is in the air in some parts of the world. I used a small piece of the the Chain Link chipboard panel as it reminded me of lattice. I base coated it with gesso and sprayed it using a golden /green shimmery spray.


Here is a close up of the Chain Link chipboard. I just cut it randomly not worrying about cutting a straight line.

I base coated the You Shine words  with white gesso, sprayed it with a color spray and topped it with some clear crackle paint to give it a textured sheen .

                                                            
                                                               The Optimist Word Set
                                                                        Chain Link

My next project is a layout  using a winter photo, but I kept the colors on the layout in a warm tone, fading Autumn out until the cold sets in...


  I base coated the Sign Post and Pretty Weeds chipboard with white gesso and sprayed it with colored spray while the gesso was still wet. It created a pretty speckled look when you dry it with a heat tool.


Just a closeup of the post. I added a small acrylic covered sticker inside the Sign Post.


                                                                    Natural Sprigs Set

                                                                    Village Sign Post 2
                                                                        Pretty Weeds

Thank you for joining me today for my October Blue Fern Studios Post. Keep checking back as all of the Designers will be back to inspire you for days to come.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The layout is outstanding and evokes emotion. it is a true work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so adore the layout with all the fabulous textures, details. Awesome work Lisa.

    ReplyDelete