Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Glittery Christmas Cards with Yana Smakula

Hello everyone! While folks around here are barely seeing the first signs of Fall I've entered the phase of holiday card making. I try to prepare myself and my home for Christmas ahead of time and this means making lots of holiday cards in the preceding month of October and November. 

Today I'd like to share some of my first holiday cards this year. For some reason, I'm all about using glitter in my projects and today's cards are no exception.

I don't yet have any of the new Blue Fern Studios fabulous holiday chipboard so I decided to challenge myself to use what I had on hand - regular non holiday shapes and incorporate them into festive holiday cards. To achieve the look on my cards below I simply covered all of the chipboard pieces with embossing powder with a mixture of glitter. I used regular embossing powder with silver glitter and chunky white with a bit of gold embossing powder and some glitter. Both powders are from Stampendous and work great for project like this.

Believe in the miracle:


Chipboard used:
Petite Boutique Frames
Blooming Foliage

Merry Christmas:




Chipboard used:
All Natural Set
Fancy Birdcage

Wishing You Holiday Cheer:




Chipboard used:
Petite Boutique Frames
Icons Set Three
Thanks for stopping by! 

4 comments:

  1. These are incredible. Now I can't wait to give the glitter on the chipboard a shot. The cards are beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! And what a creative idea, I can't wait to try your technique. Glitter and embossing powder, the best of two worlds.

    ReplyDelete