Monday, October 21, 2013

Kelly's October Shares + Video Tutorial!

Hello!
Kelly here. I hope you are having a great weekend! We are seeing our first bit of snow where I live, but I still am sharing summer pages - perhaps I am in denial? That's OK with me!!

"Adorable"

Summertime with toddlers - well, we are all about the park - especially the swings! There is something *so sweet* about chubby little baby lets dangling from a baby swing!! 
The showcase piece on this page is the Chickenwire Panel..I used it as a textural element on my background as well as tucking into my clusters. I left it mostly bare, but did spray with a subtle gold shimmer mist. The pieces that are up top were just painted to match my background.

 Above you can also see some of the Natural Sprigs. These were water distressed, painted with a pearly paint, and then embossed with gold embossing enamel.

 Above, one of the clouds from Cloudy Skies - I have it a coat of gesso, a touch of stamping with a blue chalk ink, and gently blended the ink around the edges.

Lastly, above is the cute little birdie from the All Natural set, given a gold shimmer then detailed with pen. The word adorable is from the Good Vibes set - this was also painted with gesso and given a shot of gold mist.


                                            Chickenwire Panel:                      Cloudy Skies:
Chickenwire Panel Cloudy Skies
                                           Good Vibes:                                 Natural Sprigs:
Good VibesNatural Sprigs Set
All Natural Set:
All Natural Set


"Enjoy The Little Things"

Blue Fern Studios chipboard often inspires me to create whimsical scenes on my layouts. I was totally inspired by the Spring Branch. I created a video on how I altered this piece:



I love the realistic look of it and was moved to make it a part of a tree for this page..I blended it in with lots of thread, flowers, wire curls, and paint.

Below, the Lattice Fence, All Natural Set, and bits of fibers, flowers, and thread completed the scene.

                                          Lattice Fence:                            All Natural Set:

Lattice FenceAll Natural Set
Spring Branch:
Spring Branch
I hope you have enjoyed my projects and my video today!
Have a wonderful week!
*Kelly Foster*

6 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous as usual Kelly! just love how that branch was made into a tree, very creative and so pretty! BTW I totally agree on the chubby legs LOL! nothing cuter than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow, really? Ugh. Love the way the branch turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your tutorial Kelly. Lovely texture work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI great video, it looks amazing, love the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Очень красиво!
    Большое спасибо за МК!!!

    ReplyDelete