Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Two mixed media projects by Marie-Josée

 Hello all,

I hope you are doing fine today. In this blog post, I will show you two mixed media projects I created using some of my favorite pieces of Blue Fern Studios chipboard, which are perfect for mixed media projects.

"Adorable" kitty canvas

This is my beautiful kitty, Pretzel. She passed away on April 20 at the age of 16. I wanted to create something in her memory and I thought a canvas would be perfect.


First, I chose a 6" x 12" canvas. I cut a piece of the Mini Rings Panel and glued it to my canvas. Then, I applied gesso all over my canvas. I also applied gesso to the heart (from the Frilly Hearts set) and the circles (from the Graduated Circles set).

The word Adorable (from the French Words set) was heat embossed with black embossing powder.

Then, I painted the whole thing using various ColourArte products : paints, gels and mists. I mainly used teal, but I also added touches of gold and purple here and there. I finished with black and white ink splatters.

Here's a close-up view of the Frilly Heart and the Graduated Circles...


... and here's a closeup view of the background!


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Graduated Circles
Frilly Hearts
Mini Rings Panel
French Words

Angel canvas
 

 
For this canvas, I used the colors of the Déjà Vu collection as my inspiration. I used of piece of the Friperies paper as my starting point. I cut it to fit a piece of the Graduated Squares set.

Here's a closeup view of the Déjà Vu paper and a piece of the Graduated squares set.


I worked exactly the same way I worked for the previous canvas, using similar products. I just used different colors and different chipboards. Here you see a close-up view of a piece of the Turkish Bits set as well as of a piece of the Layering Stems set.


Finally, I also used a stamp from the Halftone Stamps set, which matches the Déjà Vu collection, with black ink.


Blue Fern Studios products used:
Graduated Squares
Turkish Bits
Layering Stems
Déjà Vu collection (Friperies paper and Halftone stamps)


1 comment:

  1. I've received your newsletters a few short weeks and now I want it all!

    ReplyDelete